We are fully staffed for the Spring 2020 semester.
Hiring procedures for the Fall 2020 semester
- The application will be posted here on Monday, March 30th.
- Requirements: You will need to submit the name of an OSU mathematics faculty member who can recommend you (you do not need a letter or anything, just their name). You should ask the faculty member beforehand to be sure they agree to this. You will also need to know your availability for the Fall 2020 semester, so be sure you have already enrolled. You must have completed up through Calculus I to apply.
- Applications are due on Friday, April 17th, 2020.
- Dr Mills will review all of the applications and contact references. Applicants who are highly recommended will be invited to take a mathematics exam. They will be provided with a syllabus for the exam.
- Applicants who are invited to take the exam will take it on Friday afternoon, April 24th in the MLSC West Tutoring Room.
- Applicants who make the next cut will be invited to participate in interviews, which will take place during dead week and finals week. Hiring decisions will be made by the end of finals week, and all applicants will be notified when the positions have been filled.
Note: These are paid positions. Starting pay for a new tutor is $10.50 per hour.