Hiring procedures for the Spring 2022 semester:
- The application deadline is October ___ 2021.
- Requirements: You will need to submit the name of an OSU mathematics faculty member who can recommend you (you do not need a letter or anything, just their name). You should ask the faculty member beforehand to be sure they agree to this. You will also need to know your availability for the Spring 2022 semester, so be sure you have already enrolled. You must have completed up through Calculus I to apply. Part of the application requires an audio or video upload.
- We will review all of the applications and contact references. Applicants who are highly recommended will be invited to take a math exam on Friday, November_____ at the MLSC.
- We will do a in-person math exam on _____________________ in the MLSC in a room large enough for social distancing. Applicants will be given a syllabus for the exam to prepare, and textbooks will be available for you to use during the exam if needed.
- Selected applicants will participate in interviews during dead week.
- All hiring decisions will be made by the end of finals week and all applicants will be contacted.
Note: These are paid positions. Starting pay rate for a new tutor is $11.50 per hour.