We are fully staffed for the Spring 2021 semester. Since we had no tutors who graduated in Fall 2020, we did not hire any new tutors at all for the Spring 2021 semester.
Hiring procedures for the Fall 2021 semester:
- Here is the Link to the Application . Applications are due April 16th.
- Requirements: You will need to submit the name of an OSU mathematics faculty member who can recommend you (you do not need a letter or anything, just their name). You should ask the faculty member beforehand to be sure they agree to this. You will also need to know your availability for the Fall 2021 semester, so be sure you have already enrolled. You must have completed up through Calculus I to apply. Part of the application requires an audio or video upload.
- Applications are due on April 16th 2021.
- We will review all of the applications and contact references. Applicants who are highly recommended will be invited to take a math exam on Friday April 23rd at the MLSC.
- We will do a in-person math exam on Friday April 23rd in the West Tutoring room, a room large enough for social distancing. Applicants will be given a syllabus for the exam to prepare, and textbooks will be available for you to use during the exam if needed.
- Selected applicants will participate in interviews during dead week.
- All hiring decisions will be made by the end of finals week and all applicants will be contacted.
Note: These are paid positions. Starting pay rate for a new tutor is $10.50 per hour.